Baja Communications is a regional telecommunications company primarily servicing the Southwestern United States and headquartered in Alamogordo, New Mexico. The company employs over 280 people and provideed cable television service to 74,000 subscribers in 2012. They were acquired in Feb, 2013 by Telephone and Data Systems, the parent company of U.S.Cellular, for almost $270 million. It is expected that services will continue uninterrupted.
SEE ALSO: What's the Future of Cable Television?
Baja communications provides television, internet, and telephone services to subscribers in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, and Nevada. Their most concentrated areas of service are in Colorado and New Mexico. In Arizona they only maintain service in one small area.
Some of the benefits of Baja Broadband are as follows:
- Access to exclusive stations like ESPN 3 when you sign up for your cable service online.
- Specialized programming packages make it easy to find the stations with family, sports, and Spanish language programming that you are most interested in.
- An interactive on-screen guide makes it simple for you to figure out exactly what is playing now and in the future. That means you will never miss something you want to watch again.
- Find reduced rates on your monthly cable bill when you bundle your service with internet and telephone services.
In order to receive analog cable stations you can simply plug your television into a wall jack. But in order to receive digital stations and features, a cable box will need to be hooked up to every TV set that you want to watch cable on. The receiver boxes must be rented from Baja Communications for a monthly fee.
- Digital Receiver: Can broadcast standard definition television signals and provides access to on-screen guides and music stations.
- HD DVR Receiver: Includes all the features of the above, but can also display high definition signals and record and store live broadcasts for viewing later
Baja Communications offers a number of unique features in addition to their basic channel lineups. Some of these services are free, and others will cost a small monthly subscription fee.
- Commercial Free Music: Listen to 45 digital quality, commercial free radio stations playing everything from jazz, to rock, to modern pop music.
- Movie Channels: Watch premium movie channels like HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax.
- Pay-Per-View: With access to 8 different Pay-Per-View stations, you can watch all the new movies, live sports, and adult content that you want for a small fee.
- High Definition: As long as you have the necessary equipment, you can watch sports, movies, and news in crystal clear high definition resolution.
SEE ALSO: Aereo Cloud; Stealing Cable?
The specific rates and channel offerings are entirely dependent on your location. Contact Baja Communications to find out what is available in your area.
- Limited Basic: $27.35, includes access to 27+ channels.
- Expanded Basic: $33.85, includes access to 80+ channels.
- Full Basic: $61.20, includes access to 99+ channels.
- Digital Service: All services are sold a la carte. Choose the programming packages you want to subscribe to and pay a modest monthly fee for each.