Broadstripe was started in 1998 by several veterans of the telecommunications industry. The company was initially known as Millennium and was based out of Farmers Branch Texas. They officially became Broadstripe after changing their name in 2006. Through much of the 2000s, the company grew through acquisition, taking control of small cable providers in Maryland, Oregon, and Michigan.
In 2010 the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and in 2011 they began to sell off their assets. Broadside's Maryland cable system was eventually sold to Anne Arundel Broadband and is now headquartered in Millersville, MD. This company is the only one to retain the Broadstripe name.
SEE ALSO: Broadstripe High-Speed DSL Internet
Broadstripe offers internet, phone, and television services to customers in Millersville, Glen Burnie, and Severn. They have bricks and mortar payment centers where you can sign up for services and pick up equipment in Millersville and Glen Burnie.
Some of the benefits to Broadstripe are as follows:
- Free access to HD stations is included with a digital cable package
- Bundling your cable service with internet and telephone service can save you significant amounts of money on your monthly subscription bill.
- Get access to local news, sports, weather, and performance programming with all packages.
- Cable service is very rarely disrupted by strong storms or bad weather.
- Very little equipment is required to start receiving service, and it can be installed quickly and affordably by a trained technician.
A receiver box will need to be attached to every TV in the home that you want to watch cable stations on. Different receivers have different features. The box will need to be purchased from Broadstripe at the start of the subscription.
- SD Cable Receiver: Capable of receiving standard definition cable signals
- HD Cable Receiver: Capable of receiving high definition cable signals
- HD DVR Cable Receiver: Can receive high definition cable signals and record and store live broadcasts for later viewing.
In addition to your basic channel lineup, there are a number of extra services and features that you can add to your plan for a small monthly fee or, in some cases, for no charge at all.
- Movie Channels: Watch multiple stations from HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, and more.
- Premium Sports: Catch the most exciting moments from every NFL game with the NFL Red Zone channel.
- Pay-Per-View: Watch the biggest Hollywood movies right after they leave the theater with Pay-Per-View.
- Digital Music: Listen to 40 stations of CD quality, commercial free radio in a wide range of genres.
SEE ALSO: The Top 3 Football TV Packages
Broadstripe offers two different basic cable packages. Channel packages and special features can be added on to both of these plans. Discounts can be had if you choose to bundle your services.
- Basic Cable TV: $57.95 per month, includes access to 100+ channels.
- Digital Cable TV: $66.40 per month, includes access 190+ channels.