CommuniComm changed their name to Mediastream in 2012 following a major re-branding effort. After becoming Mediastream, the cable provider moved into their first market outside of the Southeastern United States. They continue to offer television and Internet services to customers in parts of the South and West. The company currently employs around 150 people and plans to continue expanding into new markets.
SEE ALSO: Mediastream Internet Services
Mediastream serves customers in the following locations: Okefenokee, GA, Waycross, GA, Douglas, GA, Westlake, LA, and Durant, OK.
There are a number of benefits offered to Mediastream customers. Every cable plan includes local stations and programming. Using the helpful on-screen guide, it is easy to look up what is playing on every station in the channel lineup.
Mediastream also provides 24-hour customer support. Customers can cancel their service at any time in the first 30 days and get a complete refund.
Current basic cable subscribers will not need any additional hardware. All other subscribers will need to lease equipment from Mediastream. Customers can choose from the following Mediastream equipment:
- Digital Receiver: With this unit, subscribers can access digital stations and features
- HD Receiver: Watch high definition broadcasts with the correct receiver.
- DVR Receiver: Record and store hours of programming to view at any time.
- Remote Control: A special Mediastream remote controls all receiver boxes.
A Mediastream digital cable subscription comes with a number of special features:
- Pay-Per-View: Watch films right after they leave the movie theater with the touch of a button
- Music Expression: CD-quality music streams 24 hours a day with no commercials.
- Premium Channels: Subscribe to HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax to watch thousands of movies.
- HD Programming: Many popular cable stations broadcast exclusively in high definition.
Some of these services are free, while others require a monthly fee.
There are two basic cable plans available to Mediastream subscribers:
Basic Cable: $63.00 per month, includes access to 70 popular channels
- Digital Cable: $74.00 per month, includes access to over 150 channels and special features only available with digital cable.
Additionally, Mediastream offers many special features. Before selecting a plan, consider the channels and features that are most important.