DirecTV Offers Exclusive Entertainment Channels
DirecTV was launched in June of 1994 and headquarters are located in El Segundo, CA. It has approximately 20 million subscribers and provides satellite TV for residential and business customers.
This direct broadcast satellite provider has an exclusive general entertainment channel Audience Network as well as exclusive 3DTV n3D. Among others, it has the exclusive rights to sports packages such as NFL Sunday Ticket and also to live ESPN and Golf Channel feeds that are not available to other providers. Like other cable networks, it offers HDTV and interactive services.
SEE ALSO: What Do I Need for Satellite TV?
Currently, DirecTV has 12 satellites and two additional satellites are scheduled to be launched in 2013 and 2014.
Customer benefits include:
- The ability to watch TV on cell phones, laptops and tablets and live TV on iPad® and iPhones®
- Cutting-edge technology
- Whole Room DVR
- The best premium entertainment
- Instant access to 7,000 On-Demand Shows at no additional charge
- More sports
- More HD
More 3DDirecTV also has a commitment to energy efficiency. It leads the industry in this charge. It has provided more than 40 million ENERGY-STAR qualified receivers. It has received awards from the EPA in this area. In 2012 alone, the ENERGY-STAR qualified receiver it purchased equaled energy savings of about 900 million-kilowatt hours of electricity. Its goal is to reduce its customers energy usage by about 25 percent in 2013 when compared to that of energy usage in 2011.
DirecTV offers a wide array of equipment for your specific entertainment-viewing needs. For example, the DirecTVGenie powers the whole house all from one box. It also gets rid of recording conflicts. To view DirecTV On Demand, customers will require a DirecTV Plus HD DVR, Home Media Center HD DVR, or TiVo HD DVR form DirecTV. For Internet service, homes must have broadband Internet service and a wireless router. This provides customers access to movies and shows On Demand, Pandora radio and YouTube and much more. And, its all for no additional fee.
There are five main packages available. They are:
- Entertainment: This is known as the value-packed package. It starts at $29.99 for the first 12 months and includes 140+ digital channels.
- Choice: This is called the package that beats cable. It starts at $34.99 for 12 months and includes 150+ digital channels.
- Xtra: This is the most popular package. It starts at $39.99 for 12 months and includes 205+ digital channels.
- Ultimate: This is the move lovers package. It starts at $44.99 per month for 12 months and includes 225+ digital channels.
- Premier: This is the top-of-the-line package. It starts at $91.99 for 12 months and includes 285+ digital channels.
All of the above package offers require signing a two-year agreement.They all include a free upgrade to Genie and the ability to lock-in savings for two years. Other special offers and promotions may apply.
DirecTV offers entertainment at home or on the go. And, as its commercial states: Dont just watch TV, DirecTV.