GCI Gives You Quality Entertainment
Using a fiber optic and satellite network, GCI connects your household to TV entertainment. Because GCI was the first to bring cable TV to Alaska, close to 90% of Alaskan households have signed up with GCI. GCIs main initiatives include converting old networks to fiber optics, offering custom contract signing, and running an academic decathlon for local high schools.
SEE ALSO: What Do I Need for Satellite TV
GCI offers cable services to all of Alaska.
Customer convenience comes first with GCI. To make things easier for you, GCI provides:
- Custom contracts
- An online dashboard to manage all GCI services
- Online billing
- Online tutorials and guides
- Telephone support
- Parental Controls
Set up your entertainment system with the following:
- Pace Cable Box and eSATA Hard Drive: Store your favorite shows on the hard drive and watch it on your television set.
- Digital Converter Box (DCT): Converts analog signals to digital so that you have a bigger list of channels.
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR): Pause and play live shows and record your programs.
- GCI Remote: Operate your TV and DVR from the comfort of your couch.
GCI uses TiVo for your DVR services. And when choosing GCI, customers get TiVo without any installation fees or extra equipment to buy. With TiVo, you can:
- Search for shows by genre, actor, rating, or channel
- Visit Amazon or YouTube on your TV
- Watch recorded shows using the TiVo app
- Stream shows to any TV in the house
GCI TiVo also suggests what you might like based on what youve been watching, streaming, and recording.
Customers also have access to GCI GO, a mobile portal to TV. Go online to your GCI GO account to watch programs from HBO, Cinemax, A&E, and virtually anything else you see on your normal channel lineup.
Customers can choose from three core plans:
- G200: Up to 198 channels starting at $29.99/month.
- G300: Up to 257 channels starting at $39.99/month.
- G400: Up to 338 channels starting at $44.99/month.
These prices are for the first year of cable subscription. Customers must sign a two-year contract with GCI. Rates are raised by $25 at the beginning of the second year.
Since GCI is powered by TiVo, customers can choose to add TiVo services to each of their televisions. Here are the rates for DVR services using TiVo:
- One TV for $9.99/month
- Two TVs for $15.98/month
- Three TVs for $21.97/month
- Four TVs for $27.97/month