ADT Pulse: Home Security With A HeartIts clear that homeowners are looking to add some life and love to their households, and not cold, hard machinery. Every home security provider touts their home automation system as the smartest, friendliest, and most impressive, so what makes ADT Pulse different? ADT Pulse is brought to you by ADT, one of the leading home security providers in the nation. The company has been innovating security for more than a century and continues to throw some game changers into the industry. See how ADT Pulse goes beyond smart home with these features.
SEE ALSO: Home Security With Brinks Is Now ADT
Z-Wave: What Makes Your Smart Home SmartZ-Wave makes it possible for you to directly monitor everything thats happening at home. This wireless technology enables your products to connect to each other and to you. Products equipped with Z-Wave have the edge because they do not rely on WiFi, but instead use a radio frequency to communicate. No need to worry about your system going down when the power goes out. Watch how Z-Wave creates a powerful home security team by building a communication network between your devices: This means that your thermostat can communicate with your smartphone to tell you that you forgot to turn off the air conditioning before leaving the house today. And you can take action from anywherebe it your office or vacation home. Essentially, all of your home security devices use Z-Wave to report directly to your phone, tablet, or PC. From there you can give it all the commands you want. Use your phone to customize and control the environment by:
- Automating temperature controls
- Adjusting the lighting
- Locking doors
Portal Offers Bank Level Security For Online Actions And RecordsMany fear that home automation leads to smart homes getting hacked by criminals from across the U.S. ADT Pulse puts to rest those concerns with Portal. Portal uses the same online security encryption as online banking. Heres a walkthrough of what happens when you enter your home security system through Portal: You can sign into Portal on your phone, tablet, or PC and check up on the status of your house. Portal is divided into six sections:
- History. Track whats happened over time to identify common patterns and any peculiar activity.
- Alerts. Set up ADT Pulse to notify you by text or email.
- Automations. Sync your devices so that they work together. For example, if a window sensor goes off unexpectedly, cameras should know to snap a photo of the possible intruder.
- Schedules. You shouldnt have to always tell your system what to do. Use Schedules to set up daily tasks that devices should perform on its own.
- System. Go here to check up on the status of each device. You can check to see if a part of your system has gone offline or needs a battery change.
- Summary. If youre in a hurry, then you can take a quick look under the Summary tab for an overview of your home.
Get In Touch With Your HomeADT Pulse offers its own tablet for you to keep at home called Touchscreen. Touchscreen serves as a remote control for your entire home. Some of the apps provided include:
- Emergencies. Notify an ADT monitoring station to contact your local police department, fire department, or emergency medical team in case of an emergency.
- Arm. Arm and disarm your system.
- News. Review daily news stories and pictures.
- Traffic. Check traffic before you leave the house to avoid being late.
- Cameras. Monitor live video streams and photos.