Time Warner Intelligent Home Security Systems
Time Warner Cable is one of the largest cable companies in the United States, with over 15 million customers and some 50,000 employees. In 2012, they launched a home security system called Intelligent Home to customers in New York and California. Intelligent Home relies on advanced technology to maintain a safe, efficient home that can be managed remotely.
SEE ALSO: Top 4 Home Security Weaknesses
Time Warner Cable has a service area in nearly 30 states, includingAlabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Access to Intelligent Home systems may not yet be available in all areas.
Intelligent Home by Time Warner allows constant monitoring. You are in control with fully customizable features. For savings, bundle Intelligent Home into existing Time Warner Cable packages. Using the full range ofIntelligent Home features can save you 10% on your home energy costs, as well as up to 20% on homeowners insurance.
Time Warner's next generation hardware includes:
- Keypads to arm and disarm.
- The Touch Screen tablet like control panel that has access to alarm controls and Intelligent Home management features, as well as news and weather reports.
- Key fobs for remote arming and disarming of your home.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors that respond to harmful levels of smoke, heat and carbon monoxide in your home.
- Flood Water Sensors that trigger an alarm whenever water reaches a critical flood level in basements or other flood prone areas.
- Barrier Break Detectors use sophisticated motion detection technology to trigger alarms in front of windows or glass walls.
- Door and Window Sensors that will alert the alarm systemwhenever tampered with.
- Motion Detectors for inside and outside the home with capability to text or email you when suspicious motion is detected.
- Glass Break Detectors set off the alarm whenever a window is broken.
- Smart Thermostats that work to conserve energy.
- Lighting and Appliance Adaptors that can be controlled remotely from a smartphone to conserve energy or deter intruders with a well timed light.
- Indoor and Outdoor Cameras that work wirelessly to provide high quality video to your smartphone, computer or touch screen.
- Apps that can be downloaded for your smartphone, giving you complete remote control of the Intelligent Home.
Time Warners Intelligent Home system comes with safety features, including:
- 24/7 Security and Fire Protection with battery and cellular backup.Even during a power outage, there are two layers of backups so your security is never offline.
- Remote Access allow control of the Intelligent Home features from a smartphone or laptop, checking in on streaming live video, arming or disarming your system, or adjusting lights and temperature.
- Lighting and Temperature Controls that can be operated from your touch panel in house, or remotely from smartphones or computers.
- Panic Buttons for emergency fire, medical or police response can be hit manually from the touch screen whenever necessary for immediate response.
- Custom Alerts that notify you by text or email when preset events occur in your home (a motion detector gone off midday, for instance).
- Compatibility and Installation come with every security package. Even if you have an existing alarm system with another provider, Time Warner can upgrade your equipment to run on their network. And,installation is easy and does not require a landline phone or any drilling to run.
All of Time Warners Intelligent Home systems come with a touch screen control panel, two wireless door or window sensors, wireless motion detector, and yard signs and window decals starting at $33.99 per month. Discounts are available for customers who bundle Intelligent Home with their Time Warner cable packages.
Additional equipment can be ordered a la carte from Time Warner, and apps for remote control can be downloaded for free for smartphones. Equipment packages are as follows:
- $99.99 for the Select Package of wireless sensors,
- $399.99 for the Premiere Package of wireless controllers and sensors, and
- $699.99 for the Ultra Package with wireless controllers, sensors and all appliance controls.
For more information on Intelligent Home Security by Time Warner, please visit www.timewarnercable.com.