Iris Home Monitoring Keeps A Close Eye On Your Home
Its the full package: home automation, home monitoring, and care for animals and humans all rolled into one. With the Iris Home Monitoring System, you can care for virtually everything that matters to you through your phone.
Featured as one of Lowes newest products, Iris is becoming a competitor in the home monitoring and automation market.
Iris is available at any Lowes Home Improvement store in your area as well as on the companys website. Once it is installed, you can access all of Iriss features through your phone, no matter where you are in the world.
During installation, Iris will prompt you to download the application on your phone and synchronize it with all the aspects of your home security system. Once that synchronization is complete, Iris is ready to go.
Iris is much more than a home monitoring system. It also has many features which transforms your home into a smart home. With only a few touches on your smart phone, you can:
- Lock or unlock doors
- Adjust the thermostat
- See inside your home when you are not there
- Turn lights on and off
- Allow your pet in and out of the house (or allow the system to do so automatically)
- Receive alerts from family members that need help
Iriss equipment varies with the starter kit you purchase. The Smart Kit, which has all the features of the Safe & Secure Kit and the Comfort & Control Kit, includes:
- The Iris hub
- Contact sensors
- Motion sensor
- Range extender
- Smart thermostat
- Smart plug
- Window Decal
Iris also allows users to synchronize other features of their homes with the system, including (but not limited to) a smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector, a water leak detector, and additional cameras.
Iris also takes care of your family members when you are not at home. With Iris Care, your family members can alert you if they are injured and cannot contact anybody. Family members are equipped with a safety pendant, which has a button that users can press when they are in danger or injured. This program is especially useful if you have elderly members of the family that cannot navigate the home the same way they used to.
But Iris Care goes beyond the safety pendant. You can also program Iris to send you a text, email you, or call you if unusual behavior (which you preprogram) is detected. For example, you can program Iris to let you know if there is movement in the living room at 3am, or if the door is left ajar at a late hour. That way, if the family member is not wearing the safety pendant, you can still know if something is wrong.
SEE ALSO: Top 4 Home Security Weaknesses
Iris has three starter kit options:
- The Safe & Secure Kit comes with the Iris hub, contact sensors, a motion sensor, a keypad, and a window decal and costs $179
- The Comfort & Control Kit comes with the Iris hub, a smart plug, and a smart thermostat and also costs $179
- The Smart Kit has all the features of the previous two, plus arrange extender and costs $299
Iriss basic plan does not cost anything, but add-ons and the premium plan come with price tags:
- The Premium Plan includes advanced control of Iriss settings, alerts to up to 20 contacts if your alarm is triggered, extended video camera live stream and storage, home modes for all your devices, and Iris Magic to configure rules across multiple devices. It costs $9.99 per month.
- Iris Care, which has instant messaging for emergencies, the ability to monitor the activity of loved ones, and alerts when routines change unexpectedly, costs $4.99 per month.
Cellular connection comes in two plans:
- The backup plan costs $4.99 per month covers normal system operation (up to 5MB of data) and has Iris stay online when the Internet fails.
- The primary plan costs $9.99 per month and has continuous connection through a cellular network and covers all normal operation up to 20 MB of data.
For more information on Iris, please visit lowes.com.