Protect America Home Security Systems
For over twenty years, Protect America has been offering the latest technology in home security and monitoring systems. Founded by Thad Paschall in 1992, the company started as a local home security system provider in Round Rock, Texas, a suburb of Austin. Over the years, the company has flourished by providing top-notch home security
equipment to residential and business customers around the country.
From 2008 to 2012, Protect America earned a 5-Star Rating from Top Consumer Reviews
, as well as a Best Buy Award from Consumer Digest.
SEE ALSO: 25 Shockingly Dangerous Cities To Live In
Protect America provides its home security and monitoring services to nearly every part of the U.S
. The company has security licenses from 25 states, from Florida to Washington and from California to Delaware. The company reports that over 500,000 thousand customers have signed up with Protect America, placing it in the top ten firms specializing in residential home security system installations.
The Protect America system promises several advantages over the starter systems that other companies provide, while offering a lower overall cost. One of the primary benefits is the wireless control panel. The control panel allows the user to communicate with Protect America's monitoring facility via the home's broadband internet connection
or land-based telephone line.
Also, regardless of the plan the user selects, the company offers the control panel and startup equipment free for qualifying customers.
The core of the Protect America system is the wireless GE Simon XT control panel
. The control panel comes in either push-button or touchscreen models and coordinates the network of sensors and cameras the user places around the interior and exterior of the home.
Other equipment and accessories include:
- Door and window sensors
- Internal sirens
- Battery backup
- Smoke detectors
- GPS tracking devices
- Keychain remote controls
- Home security cameras
The Protect America system offers several advanced features that allow users to secure their home, family and possessions, as well as track who has used the system and when they accessed it. Features include:
SEE ALSO: Can Home Automation Increase Your Home Value?
- The Latchkey Pager Feature lets parents know if their children have not arrived home from school at a designated time.
- The battery backup system keeps the unit powered up in the event of an electrical outage.
- The one-touch arming mechanism allows users to activate the system with the push of a button.
- The system does not depend on wires that can be cut.
- The keypad accepts up to nine entry codes, which can be assigned to parents, children, babysitters or other residents.
- The system can support up to 40 total wireless security devices, including door or window sensors, motion detectors, and keyfob remote controls.
Protect America offers a wide range of plans, each with free control panel, motion detector, yard sign and three window decals for qualifying customers. The standard contract length is 36 months
for each plan.
- Copper Package (includes 3 door/window sensors)
- Bronze Package (includes 7 door/window sensors)
- Silver Package (includes 10 door/window sensors)
- Gold Package (includes 12 door/window sensors)
- Platinum Package (includes 15 door/window sensors)
Protect America has quickly established itself as a leader in the home security industry. With nearly half a million residents trusting their valuables and safety to their system, as well as their reasonable monthly rates, Protect America lives up to its name.