Protection 1 Home Security And Automation
Protection 1 is a Better Business Bureau approved home security company. Founded in 1988, they now have five control centers throughout the country to provide dedicated 24/7 monitoring services to its one and half million residential and 100,000 business customers. Protection 1 was one of the first home security companies to give customers text and web access to their accounts,
starting in 1997.
SEE ALSO: What Are The Different Types Of Alarm Sensors?
Based in the midwest, Protection 1 offers home security service to customers nationwide, with nearly 70 local offices to meet your needs. Their primary service areas are in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
With the home automation system from Protection 1, you can save up to $255 a year on your energy bills by using efficient lighting and setting timers remotely.
Plus, you can save up to 20% on your homeowners insurance every year by adding a monitoring package.
You will also have the added benefit of being able to customize your security package to fit your needs exactly by tailoring your package to include video or home automation, or to just keep it to the basics with 24/7 monitoring.
Protection 1 offers a variety of features, including:
- Intrusion detection systems including alarms that sound when gun safes or liquor cabinets are opened, and pet proofed motion detectors
- Wireless security camera systems to keep an eye on your home in HD
- Safety monitors like carbon monoxide, smoke and heat alarms to keep your family safe
- Remote access with apps or gadgets
- Smart automation products to help lower energy bills
Some of the technology offered by Protection 1 includes:
SEE ALSO: Why Sending Silent Distress Signals Can Save Your Life
- Smart thermostats and appliance controls to help you remotely manage your homes energy efficiency
- Pet proof motion detectors and window, door, and glass break sensors that trigger an alarm response
- Environmental and safety hazard sensors that trigger an alarm for leaks, floods, heat, carbon monoxide, or smoke
- eSecure web and mobile phone access to your account to see status, histories, or streaming video
- Touch screen control panels that can keep an eye on your system, or tell you the weather
Security plans with Protection 1 start at $34.99 per month with a three year contract
. Some of the most popular packages include:
- Basic Home Security: Including 24/7 professional monitoring, installation, three intrusion sensors, a pet-proofed motion detector, a keychain remote, a control panel, and two way voice communication.
- Digital Home Security: The most popular package, including all of the above, plus smash protection, wifi capabilities, web and mobile remote controls, text and email notification alerts, web alarm with event history and a five day weather forecast available on the control panel.
- Digital and Energy: Including all of the above, plus energy and automation with a touchscreen thermostat and the option to add equipment to lock or unlock doors and control appliances remotely.
- Digital and Video: Including everything in the Digital Home Security package, plus one indoor camera with wireless access points.
- Digital and Energy and Video: Includes everything above, including monitoring, home automation and video.