Blue Cross And Blue Shield: Health Insurance With Many Benefits
Though it goes by different names across the country, Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) offers the same quality health care coverage no matter where you are in the United States
. With a variety of healthcare plans and options, its hard to go wrong with BCBS services. Its established roots allow you to visit a variety of doctors in your area, allowing you to make the best choice for your health care. However, the benefits of BCBS dont end there.
Through BCBSs Blue365 program, you can get special deals on health and wellness products and services
, which saves you money and, quite possibly, doctors visits. Products and services vary based on your location, but can include:
- Fitness gear: armbands for your phone, weights, and much more
- Personal care tools: hearing aids, Lasik procedures, and dental work
- Healthy living: vitamins, dietary plans, and cookbooks
- Miscellaneous: discounts on cell phone plans, specific brands (Reebok or Harry and David), and credit monitoring
BCBS also offers the Balance Plan, a plan that includes critical illness or accident insurance
. With the Balance Plan, patients have access to cash if they are injured in a covered accident or become sick from a covered illness. Covered illnesses include:
- Life-threatening cancer
- Heart attack
- Kidney failure
- Coronary artery bypass
- Loss of sight, speech, or hearing
- Major organ transplant
- Severe burn
While regular medical insurance will foot the bill for the initial medical costs, injuries or illnesses that put you out of work for an extended period of time are most likely not covered under these plans. If you are out of work, you also risk being unable to pay regular bills if you do not have an easily accessible and plush savings account. With the Balance Plan, you do not have to worry about making ends meet
BCBS has two basic benefit plans to choose from: the Basic Option and the Standard Option
. The two options have three key differences:
- The Standard Option allows you to go outside the network and still receive benefits, while you must stay inside the network to get benefits for the Basic Option.
- The Standard Option has a calendar year deductible and the Basic Option does not.
- You will have to pay a copay for most services in the Basic Option. In the Standard Option, your out-of-pocket costs include copayment and coinsurance.
Buying health insurance can be a confusing process. You want good coverage, but dont want to pay an arm and a leg for it. With BCBS, you can find plans to fit your budget and get great benefits for little to nothing extra
. To compare your health insurance options, click here