Farmers Auto Insurance Withstands The Test Of Time
From its origins in 1928 with founders John C. Tyler and Thomas E. Leavey, Farmers has been a company of innovation in the auto insurance industry. Now a company with 24,000 employees, Farmers continues to reinvent the auto insurance industry
by offering unique supplemental coverage options, promoting eco-friendly business tactics, and providing additional information to drivers.
SEE ALSO: 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Buying Rental Car Insurance
Beyond the Basics
Along with the basic car insurance coverage, Farmers also gives you the option to supplement your coverage. Here are some of the options:
- Accident forgiveness: Farmers forgives one accident you have every three years
- A new car pledge allows you to replace your car, without depreciation of its value, if a total loss occurs within the first two years or 24,000 miles of ownership
- A personal umbrella that adds to the coverage you have on your home and auto insurance policies
- HelpPoint® roadside assistance and glass services, which includes locksmith services, a jump start, towing, and aid in connecting you to a reliable vehicle glass company in your area
- Reimbursement for a rental car
- Custom equipment coverage to cover items added to your dash or equipment in your car
Unlike many car insurance providers in this day and age, Farmers is a very eco-friendly company. Their care for the environment shines in their paperless billing and paperless documents service
. With this service, customers can access almost any paper having to do with their policy online. The result is that you no longer have to go rummaging around in your files to find your previous billing statements or policy information. Instead, you simply log onto their website and view all that information there.
Farmers further reduces their ecological footprint by encouraging drivers to drive green. By offering a discount for owning alternative fuel vehicles
, Farmers is encouraging environmentally friendly driving techniques.
SEE ALSO: How A Moving Violation Affects Your Auto Insurance
University of Farmers
Often promoted in Farmers advertisements, this sector of the Farmers website has information on safe driving techniques, a glossary of insurance terms, and guides on buying auto insurance.
One of the most valuable features of this site is the Y.E.S. Teen Driving Program
, which is an educational program for teens that, when completed, can earn parents a discount on their teens coverage. This program, then, benefits both parents and teens alike and makes the road a safer place to drive.