Big Business Feels Smaller With Farmers Home Insurance
Farmers Insurance has proven its stability by surviving one of the most devastating economic disasters in the last two centuries: the Great Depression
. The company was started in 1928, one year before the financial disaster that shook the world, and survives today as a stable and reliable home insurance provider.
Having acquired companies all across America, Farmers has furthered their standing as a big league insurance provider. At the same time, this large company has a small business feel by allowing some independence with each of their umbrella companies and assigning an agent to each of its members.
SEE ALSO: Farmers Innovates Auto Insurance
Farmerss standard insurance plan covers:
- Your property, including your home and separate structures on the land
- Your possessions, including many types of loss or damage and anywhere in the world.
- Liability for accidents caused by you or your household members. This includes bodily injury and property damage.
- Medical payments for people injured in your home, independent of your liability.
- If your home is unfit to live in for one reason or another, they also cover additional living expenses for you and your family.
For unconventional homes, there are other insurance options to fit your needs:
- Renters insurance is available for your personal belongings.
- Condominium insurance covers a similar set of valuables as renters insurance.
- Mobile and manufactured home insurance covers physical damage to your home as well as most accidents that occur on your property.
- Specialty home insurance provides for vacation homes, vacant homes, rental properties, lower-value homes, and applicants with credit problems.
Everyone loves saving money. Farmers realizes this and tries to save their customers as much as they can without short handing coverage. Here are some ways you can receive discounts:
SEE ALSO: 7 Ways Lifestyle Effects Your Home Insurance Payments
- If youre roof has been replaced in the last six years, you are eligible for a new roof discount.
- By buying multiple policies through Farmers, you can receive additional discounts.
- Owning protective devices for your home can qualify you for a discount
- If you are a member of a business or professional group, you can save money
- New homeowners save additional money off
- Getting an interior inspection of your home helps you save money and realize potential threats
- A home renovation can help you make the home youve always wanted and save you money
- Along with its many health benefits, not smoking will get you an additional discount
Farmers also has the added benefit of your own personal agent. Unlike other providers that make you jump through hoops just to speak with someone, a Farmers agent is happy to answer your question or help you file a claim either through a direct phone line, an in-person meeting, or an email. You can also choose your own agent.
Finding your own agent is easy. When you go onto their site, you have the option of searching either by location or last name. After entering in the required fields, Farmers gives out a list of names, phone numbers, emails, and locations in relation to the zip code or person you searched. With that information in mind, you can be informed when choosing an agent.