GEICO Auto Insurance For Savings And Coverage
GEICO, the auto and home insurance provider associated with a gecko, holds nearly 11 million auto policy holders and over 17 million vehicles, making GEICO (Government Employees Service Company) one the fastest growing insurance companies. With modest beginnings, GEICO now supports not solely auto but also home insurance, RVs, ATVs and other big ticket items
, although car insurance still remains their largest sector.
One of the largest reasons folks choose GEICO is their competitive rates, which is benefit enough. However, depending on your occupation and the state you live in, GEICO offers hefty benefits and extra incentives:
- Good driver discounts apply to people who have not been in an accident for five years.
- Good student discounts are available for those age 16-25 with a "B" average or better.
- Military and Federal Employees, too, can receive discounts; this includes those that are active military, retired or a member of the National Guard or Reserves.
- Members of over 275 partnering organizations also are eligible to receive up to an 8% discount on their car insurance premiums.
- Customer loyalty and multi-car discounts are also available, with up to a 25% discount on most of your car insurance coverages.
GEICO has a vairety of plans and services to fit your auto insurance needs. Plans include:
- Bodily injury liability coverage: Coverage against damage you might cause to another person.
- Property damage liability coverage: Coverage for any property you might damage.
- Medical payments, no-fault or personal injury coverage: Coverage for your own medical payments.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage: If your car is damaged by a flood, stolen, or spontaneously combusts, your insurance will cover it.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: If you are hit by an uninsured motorist or are the victim of a hit-and-run, you are covered by insurance.
- Collision coverage: Pays for damages to your car when your car hits or is hit by another vehicle or object.
In addition to these core coverages, GEICO also offers Emergency Road Service, Rental Reimbursement, and Mechanical Breakdown Insurance.
GEICO also offers numerous channels to environmentally optimize your insurance plans, including paperless billing and paperless policy statements,
letting you receive your bills at your preferred email account, and get your policy documents online. At the time this article has been written, nearly 198,018,040 sheets of paper have been saved by GEICO customers!