Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance Helps Keep Members Healthy
For over 60 years, Kaiser Permanente has been providing quality healthcare across the United States. As the company expands, so too will helpful programs the company creates and helps. Serving over 9.5 million members, Kaiser is a great choice for health insurance because of its one-stop doctors offices and pharmacies and easy electronic communication
. Their desire to help goes beyond simple convenience, though; it extends to most facets of their care as well.
Though facilities are popping up in many new areas, Kaiser currently only insures people in the following states and regions
- Northern California
- Southern California
- Northern Colorado, Denver, and Boulder
- Southern Colorado
- Washington D.C.
Joining Kaiser means having access to a vast network of resources beyond the traditional healthcare system. These benefits range from being able to access test results online and scheduling appointments electronically to Kaisers many associate programs. Programs range in purpose, but all seek to improve the health of Kaiser members and improve the community in general. Programs include
- The HIV Challenge: This Kaiser-run program seeks to improve healthcare for patients with HIV.
- The Weight of the Nation: This healthcare campaign and documentary series aims to combat obesity in the United States by educating and promoting healthy living for its members.
- Educational Theatre Program: This initiative seeks to bring health education to the communities Kaiser serves. They do so through music, comedy, drama, and live theater programs.
Kaiser offers healthcare coverage for a wide variety of circumstances and incomes. Plans vary based on your location, coverage desires, and other information. There are three main methods of getting healthcare through Kaiser:
- Employer-sponsored plans allow you and your family to obtain coverage through your job or your spouses job.
- For those without health insurance through an employer, getting an individual or family plan during open healthcare enrollment could be the best option.
- Those over 65 can gain coverage through Medicare, the federal governments subsidized system for health care coverage for the elderly.
Overall, Kaiser Permanente makes acquiring healthcare easy and affordable. But, before deciding on a plan through them, you should shop around for the best insurance coverage for you and your family
. For more information on other health insurance options, click here