Honesty Is Their PolicyAccording to founder G.J. Mercherle, State Farm does not sell insurance policies: it sells honesty. The retired farmer and insurance salesman was quoted to have said, Honesty isnt the best policy it is the only policy, a slogan that drives the company to this day. With a State Farm Catastrophe Team on standby for disasters, ten affiliations to nonprofit educational foundations, and countless awards for being a green company, it is easy to see how State Farm upholds their honesty and do-gooder attitude. But what is the coverage like? The State Farm team of 18,000 agents has had great reviews from across the country for their insurance, especially their auto policies. This company gets ahead of the game by offering multiple discounts, encouraging safe driving, and presenting new technologies to the insurance field.
SEE ALSO: Going Green Lowers Your Home Insurance
DiscountsUnlike many insurance providers who offer discounts that are almost identical to other companies, State Farm has a range of discounts that could qualify customers for big savings. These discounts vary by state, but all have a focus on educating drivers and keeping them safe. Some discounts include:
- A mature driver discount for people 55 years or older
- A loyalty discount for people with specialty vehicles
- A student away from school discount for students who live at least 100 miles away from their parents
Safe DrivingState Farms principal concern is safety. As a result, they offer a large variety of programs and discounts to promote safe driving, all of which are unique to their company. Programs include, but are not limited to:
- The Drive Safe & Save Program, which uses information from your vehicles communication service (like OnStar) to generate a discount for your safe driving
- The Steer Clear® Safe Driver Discount Program that allows drivers to take a refresher course to receive a discount
- A Defensive Driving Course Discount, where participants take a driving course in their area can receive a discount for doing so
Going MobileOn top of all these offers, State Farm also uses todays technology to help you file a claim and keep you on the good driver path.
- State Farms Pocket Agent® allows smart phone users to file a claim, get roadside assistance, and do your banking
- The Driver Feedback application scores the customers driving and offers tips for safe driving
- Drivers who would like the Steer Clear® discount can download the Steer Clear® Mobile application, which shows them their progress to getting the discount