Atlantic Broadband has existed since 2003 and is the 12th largest cable company in the U.S. They operate cable systems in Pennsylvania, Florida, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, South Carolina and New York.
They offer a number of services for businesses and residences, including high-speed Internet, phone service and digital video.
Atlantic Broadband's Internet service comes in a number of tiers, and varies depending upon location. Many of the options are documented here:
- Starter Service ($28.95 - $35.95 a month): This package is analternative to dial-up for those that use the Internet to check email and surf the web. It features download speeds of 1Mbps and uploads of 512 kilobits per second (KB), 2 email accounts with unlimited storage, Netsafe security suite and a free homepage.
- Preferred Service ($40.95-$51.95): This package is for the everyday Internet user, with download speeds of 8 megabits per second (Mbps), uploads of 1Mbps, five email accounts with unlimited storage and the other features of the Starter service.
- Express Service ($54.99 a month): This package is for those that work from home or use the Internet heavily, with downloads speeds of 20Mbps and uploads at 2Mbps, 10 email accounts and the other features of the Preferred and Starter services.
- Unleashed Service ($69.99 a month): This package is great for heavy gamers or telecommuters, with download speeds of 40Mbps, uploads of 3Mbps and the same features as Express service.
- Peak Service ($199.99 a month): This package is for those that engage in very heavy internet usage, with download speeds of 110Mbps, uploads of 7Mbps and the same features as Unleashed and Express services.
Atlantic broadband also offers wireless networking for $10/month; they provide a wireless home router, and will have someone come to your house to assist with installation.
SEE ALSO: Short History Of Online Gaming
Atlantic Broadband offers "Unlimited" phone service for $36.95 with a bundle, or $49.95 for phone service alone. This service includes fee local and long distance calling to anywhere in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. They claim to have low long distance rates to over 260 countries. Voicemail is also included at no extra cost.
With different tiers, digital recording and HD capabilities, Atlantic Broadband has many options when it comes to digital cable TV. HD capabilities can be added for $12.95 a month.
- Digital Value ($69.99/month): 100+ channels, with 40-50 music channels and On Demand access available in some areas.
- Digital Plus ($92.45/month): 200+ channels and 12 premium channels, as well as the other features offered with Digital Value.
- Digital Video Recording ($13.95/month): Optional at either level, DVR will allow you to record programs while watching other programming, and pause live TV or fast forward through commercials.
Atlantic Broadband offers bundles, where you buy multiple services at a discount. They offer 24/7 customer care, as well as online support pages. If you are interested in Atlantic Broadband, check out their FAQ or call them at 888-752-4222.