Mediacom delivers high-speed Internet, TV, and phone services to customers in 22 states. They are focused on providing service to smaller cities and communities, which are predominantly located in the Midwest and Southern regions. Based on the number of basic video subscribers, they are the eighth-largest cable TV company in the U.S. and employ over 4,400 people.
As part of the company’s commitment to customer service they offer the following service pledge:
SEE ALSO: Find The Best ISP For Online Gaming
- 90-day money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with service
- Night and weekend appointments to fit your schedule
- If they don’t arrive within 30 minutes of the scheduled appointment, then the installation is free
- Launch: 3 Mbps download, 512 Kbps upload, 150 GB data cap
- Prime: 15 Mbps download, 1 Mbps upload, 250 GB data cap
- Prime Plus: 30 Mbps download, 2 Mbps upload, 350 GB data cap
- Ultra: 50 Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload, 999 GB data cap
- Ultra Plus: 105 Mbps download, 10 Mbps upload, 999 GB data cap
According to a report by the FCC, Mediacom’s cable service delivers 103 percent of its advertised speed.
Internet service comes with Total Defense Internet Security Suite as a free download that includes spyware and virus protection, firewall, parental controls, and data backup.
Home Networking is available for $3.95 a month. It includes installation and service, a router, and an online home network manager to update firmware, set controls, and collect information connected devices.
Digital cable video from Mediacom is called Prime TV. It includes 165 channels, 46 music channels, free HD, Pay-Per-View, and 30 subscription premium movie channels from Starz, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Encore.
The On Demand feature has over 10,000 hours of programming that includes sports, movies, shows, and special events.
DVR service includes either a standard DVR that can record up to 70 hours of high definition programming for $10.95 a month, or a Whole House DVR for $16.95 a month that can record up to six shows at once and record a show in one room, and play it in another.
SEE ALSO: 6 Things To Learn About The Cloud
TV Digital Extras
Upgrades are available for the TV service, which include a themed package of channels.
- HD Pak: Subscribers can get MGM HD, Smithsonian HD, and Universal HD.
- Sports and Information Digital Pak: 25 channels of sports and news that includes the NFL Network, ESPN News, and the Tennis Channel.
- Movies and Music Pak: 25 channels of movies and music that includes G4, IFC, and the Sundance Channel.
- Kids and Variety Pak: 25 channels of kids programming that includes Bravo, Disney XD, and Nick Jr.
One Pak is $7.95 a month, two Paks are $13.95, and three are $17.95 a month.
Mediacom’s phone plan includes unlimited local and long distance calling for one monthly fee. Optional bonus features like an unlisted number and international calling are an extra cost.