The NetZero Legacy
Based in Woodland Hills, a suburb of Los Angeles, California, NetZero connects people nationwide to the Internet. Created in 1998, NetZero is known for being the first to provide nationwide free Internet service. Because of this, customers always couple NetZero and the word free together. To live up to this expectation, NetZero offers customers free trial periods, free technical support, and free email to go with their low priced plans. As a maverick in the ISP industry, NetZero is constantly working to provide better Internet service to their customers.
NetZero has an extensive network of access numbers nationwide that make it easier to get online without busy signals or disconnects. There are three dial-up plans to choose from:
- Free Dial-Up: Uses existing phone jacks and modems to connect customers. Users get up to 10 hours of Internet access per month for free.
- Basic Dial-Up: Gives customers unlimited Internet access and web-based email with spam and virus protection.
- Accelerated Dial-Up: Surf up to five times faster. Along with faster connections, Norton AntiVirus, Pop-Up Blockers, and MegaMail come complimentary with this plan.
With speeds up to a hundred times faster than conventional dial-up connections, NetZero DSL allows customers to surf the web without disabling their phones. Because phone lines are unnecessary to DSL, customers are connected to the Internet right when they turn their devices on. With NetZero, DSL customers receive the following services:
- Free Norton AntiVirus
- Free wireless modem with firewall
- Email with built-in video
- Pop-Up Blocker
- Free live support
When on the go, NetZero Mobile Broadband follows along to provide customers with secure, fast Internet on their laptops, tablets, and other mobile devices. Currently, NetZero Mobile Broadband is available in over 80 cities in the U.S. Data plans range from 200MB to 4GB and do not require a contract. With NetZero Mobile Broadband, customers become a wireless hotspot and have the ability to:
- Send and receive emails
- Surf the web
- Access social media
- Use map services
- Stream and download media
Email And Web Hosting
On all paid plans, customers have unlimited access to the Internetcoupled with the use of NetZero mail and Message Center. The free dial-up service allows users to browse the Internet for 10 hours per month.
When choosing dial-up, NetZero offers the following plans:
- Free Dial-Up (Free)
- Basic Dial-Up ($9.95 monthly)
- Accelerated Dial-Up ($14.95 monthly)
DSL and mobile broadband pricing are unique to the area and start at $9.95 per month. For DSL plans, there is a one time processing and handling fee of $29.95.
NetZero also offers the following entertainment options to enhance Internet activity:
- Entertainment Pack: Gives customers premium subscriptions to sites like Shockwave Unlimited Games or Encyclopaedia Britannica with one login. ($5.95 per month)
- Games Unlimited: Lets customers play over 100 games online or offline. ($5.95 per month)
- Learning Edge: Gives kids the opportunity to play educational games. ($5.95 per month)
- Value Pack: Combines the Entertain Pack, Games Unlimited, and the Learning Edge into one convenient bundle. ($12.95 per month)
To enhance email experiences, NetZero brings customers MegaMail.MegaMail is an email service that can be accessed anywhere regardless of ISP. Users can subscribe annually for $11.95 and be able to:
- Store up to 2GB in their emails
- Send video or audio messages up to 100MB per message
- Send and receive messages from other email accounts
- Block emails from specified addresses or domains
- Filter out junk mail
- Turn off banner ads
Customers can also upgrade to NetZero MegaMail Plus for $24.95 a year and receive 5GB email storage, as well as larger size limits.
NetZero uses DataShield to protect users from identity theft when using public WiFi. Any data and information sent over public WiFi is unprotected and can be hacked. Emails, passwords, credit card information, and location are all susceptible hackers. Starting at $6.95 per month, NetZero DataShield will encrypt all user information on up to 3 devices.
SEE ALSO: 5 Best Email Clients 2014