OneNet Provides Oklahoma State Services With Internet
OneNet is the official telecommunications provider to Oklahomas education and government information networks
. OneNet was founded in 1992 as a division of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, and is now partnered with both the state and private telecom companies. The company provides high speed Internet service to education, government, healthcare, research and nonprofit organizations within Oklahoma.
SEE ALSO: Top 5 Cities With The Fastest Internet In The US
DS-1 or T-1 Access
OneNet Internet provides a unique Internet option for businesses called T-1 (DS-1) access. Providers that offer this option support data rates of up to 1.544 Mbits per second
. It consists of 24 channels, each of which can support Internet access at a rate of 64 Kbits per second. For businesses, this means faster Internet speeds at a lower price.
OneNet also offers a more classic form of Internet access through Ethernet. With Ethernet your business can enjoy:
- Fast internet speeds
- Reasonable pricing options
- Connection to both PCs and laptops
- A clear Internet signal, regardless of if it's channeled into a WiFi network
Web And Email Hosting
For larger Oklahoma businesses, OneNet offers web and email hosting. These services range in price based on the number of emails added. Customers with web hosting can enjoy a sophisticated platform, which includes an address book, calendaring functions, and GNU Mailman mailing lists. Clients with OneNet Internet can enjoy unlimited email accounts
for their business.
For education, state and local government entities, OneNet offers a variety of high speed Internet packages priced based on bandwidth, including:
- T-1 or DS-1 (1.544Mbps) Digital Circuit Dedicated Access: $1,100 establishment fee, plus $514 monthly/$6,618 annual fee.
- DS-3 or T-3 (45Mbps) Digital Circuit Dedicated Access: $22,000 establishment fee, plus $3510 monthly/$42,120 annual rate.
- Ethernet (10Mbps) Dedicated Access: $1,600 establishment fee, plus $2,033 monthly/$24,396 annual rate.
- Fast Ethernet (100Mbps) Dedicated Access: $6,600 establishment fee, plus $2,300 monthly/$27,600 annual rate.
New OneNet customers must apply with a client agreement, service order form, and purchase order for at least six months of service before their orders can be considered.
SEE ALSO: High Speed Internet Costs
OneNet also offers value-added services
to its Internet packages. Some of these include web hosting, domain name hosting on Oklahoma specific domains, and e-mail. For additional fees, security features, voice over IP phone lines, collocation services, video archival and offsite storage can be hired as well.
OneNet works with varied, but specific, organizations to assist in a range of quality services like Internet applications for government, telemedicine for healthcare services, distance learning for education, and much more.